Wednesday 22 April 2015

CONSTRUCTION: POSTER

I started out by having a photoshoot as a group. This enabled me to take various pictures at different angles. From here I was able to select a background image. I wanted to merge the photograph with an image of me following a trail. To create this I took another image in which I was crouching holding some post it notes. I then edited this in photoshop removing the background. 

After this I filled the image with a colour. When i placed it on the main background I felt it looked too strong and so I altered the opacity so it wasnt as harsh. I then added some shapes that could look like post it notes and arranged them in various positions. In the first draft I was creating they were yellow so as to make it clearer however I didnt like this as much as it it blended in with the title too much.
In this version I also experimented with heart shapes and with font for coming soon. I also put the title in the centre of the image where the image faded into the white base. I stated to consider that I would prefer to have the image more zoomed in and I wanted to make the opaque image more central so that the photo faded into the post it trail.


In the final draft shown above I have moved the title to the top of the poster to make it bold and very obvious. I also managed to get the effect I wanted with the post it trail and the photograph. It made the poster more interesting to look at and it creates some interest with the audience as they may be intrigued by what it happening. 

I have created my own text at the bottom of the poster so that it has features of a real film poster. Here, there is small print explaining roles in the film including producers, directors and actors.  
I decided I wanted to make the date for the film a lot clearer and so in the final draft I have made it bold and also included the month it will be released rather than stating that it will be out in the "summer". I have also included featres that involve and engage an audience such as a website "www.checkoutshortfilm.co.uk" and also symbols to show that the film is on social media sites. 

No comments:

Post a Comment